We have benefited from the hard work of our research assistants and co-authors: Hannah June Kim and Philippe Meister. We appreciate their suggestions, preparation of syllabi, coding and assistance in management of undergraduate students.
The Research and Development Division of the American Political Science Association provided invaluable support for this project by collecting graduate reading lists, as well as disseminating a national faculty survey for us. We thank Dr. Betsy Super and Amanda Meyers at APSA for their assistance.
We sincerely appreciate faculty who extensively contributed syllabi through our national survey.
Thank you also to Dr. David Samuels for generously sharing his collection of 131 syllabi in the field of comparative politics.
We are grateful to computer science research assistants Ananya, Arash Nabili, and Dipit Malhotra, and to computer scientists Prof. Sameer Singh and Dr. Tibi Chelcea for assistance and guidance in coding, programming software and setting up this website.
Teams of undergraduate students assisted with various stages of data extraction and cleaning at the University of California, Irvine and Iowa State University. These students include:
Mujghan Ahmad, Claire Bantilan, Hannah Braidman, Yatika Chaudhri, Hannah Dreyer, Elizabeth Lange, Jingwei Li, Parshant Mahbubani, Jennifer Martin Del Campo, Kumrashi Mishra, Brandon Ordonez-Palacios, Alaina Persinger, Jacinth Resurrecion, David Rodriguez, Kelcie Smith, Soobin Son, Houa Vang, and Caytlin Yoshioka.
Thanks also to Nicholas Hasty for graduate research assistance at Iowa State University early in the project.
Finally, we are grateful for the support of department chairs and the assistance of graduate student project affiliates from numerous political science departments across the United States. The following affiliates assisted in the collection of syllabi and reading lists in 2017:
- Alex Badas (Indiana University – Bloomington)
- Briana Bardos (Emory University)
- Joshua Boston (Washington University of St. Louis)
- Mallie Brossett (University of Georgia)
- Peter Bucchianeri (Harvard University)
- Alysia Carey (University of Chicago)
- Logan S. Casey (University of Michigan – Ann Arbor)
- John Chambers (Princeton University)
- Jared Clemons (George Washington University)
- Rolda Darlington (University of Florida)
- Marielena Dias (Florida State University)
- Jack Edelson (University of Wisconsin – Madison)
- Jessica Edry (Rice University)
- Rebecca Eissler (University of Texas – Austin)
- Andrew Engelhardt (Vanderbilt University)
- Adriane Fresh (Stanford University)
- Luz Garcia (University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign)
- Yooneui Kim (University of Iowa)
- Maryann Kwakwa (University of Notre Dame)
- Chungjae Lee (University of California – Irvine)
- Rachel MacMaster (Syracuse University)
- Andrew Podob (Ohio State University)
- Matthew Stenberg (University of California – Berkeley)
- Patrick Clive Elliott Tiney (University of Maryland – College Park)
- Emily West (New York University)
- Anne Whitesell (Pennsylvania State University – University Park)
- Sara Yeganeh (State University of New York – Stonybrook)